Are You A Job Seeker?
Please visit scfjobs.com to view available positions and apply now.
In this program, Skills meets the hiring needs of committed employer partners by placing young adults into entry-level jobs as well as identifying opportunities for defined pathways into middle-income careers. Skills assesses both the business requirements per occupation and the needs of the youth candidates to determine the level and extent of supports needed. Skills partners with proven youth service providers in Chicago to prepare youth for jobs and provide the necessary supports after placement, as well as coordinates investment from the employers in ensuring success and upward mobility of youth hires. Finally, Skills utilizes its extensive and existing set of business relationships as well as expands on these to engage appropriate companies in the program.
(Add in call out box for testimonial from participant/employer)
Opportunity youth, age 18 – 24, that have earned a high school diploma or GED but either did not pursue college, have some college but not a degree, or are pursuing a degree part time.
- Obtain and expand Commitments to Hire from employers and specifically for youth
- Provide companies with education regarding retention success factors for youth
- Marketing efforts specifically aimed at youth
- Partner with 5 – 10 nonprofits/high schools to identify youth
- Recruit, interview, assess, and place youth into positions with employers
- Provide youth access to partner with best practice provider for retention assistance when necessary