Are You A Job Seeker?
Please visit scfjobs.com to view available positions and apply now.
Skills will focus and increase placements of recent college graduates through expanded relationships with current employer partners to access additional jobs requiring a degree through the post-college “U 2.0” program. The program will also include a deeper relationship model with 1 – 3 community colleges and/or four-year universities to access unemployed or underemployed graduates or soon-to-be graduating students, educate them about opportunities with Skills employer partners, and then prepare them to interview, obtain, and succeed in jobs.
Unemployed or underemployed graduates residing or moving back to Chicago from two year or four year colleges that have earned a degree, but have not yet found a job or transitioned into a job commensurate with their educational attainment.
Skills recognizes the potential to greatly expand placement of college graduates and further meet employers’ demands for these positions through better access to qualified young talent. There is also a larger opportunity to align with a number of outstanding non-profit programs that are serving youth during college but lack the ability to place them into jobs upon completion. Services in the “U 2.0” program will include:
- Deeper partnership with community colleges and four year universities to access graduates that need help transitioning to a career
- Developed and deep partnership with nonprofit organizations that support youth in and after college
- Intentional, focused marketing effort aimed at unemployed or underemployed college graduates
- Placement into jobs via one of two paths:
O Direct placement into jobs for job-ready graduates with limited barriers
O Adaptation of “Pivot to Success” model for certain graduates or businesses to ensure successful transition into career
- Job preparedness “boot camp” for graduates lacking experience or exposure to corporate environments
- Assigned mentor within company and/or external mentor
- Access to supportive services
Interested in bringing the U 2.0 program to your school? Click here (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Want to hire youth through U 2.0? Click here (email to email@example.com)
Support the U 2.0 program. Click here to learn how (link to fund page)